COVID-19 Testing Now Available at AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock!
Travel Testing to Hawaii
COVID-19 Testing Available by Appointment or Walk-In Visit
AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock is providing COVID-19 in order to ensure that patients that are at risks for COVID-19 are able to get an effective and efficient diagnosis. Since COVID-19 is the most pressing global and national healthcare crisis in 2020, we want to do our part to ensure all patients can access testing.
It is important to understand that patients can schedule and appointment at AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock at 303.660.9700 or visit as a walk-in patient for testing.
If you have any further questions about COVID-19 testing, policies, or procedures, please contact our team directly at 303.660.9700. We’ve provided additional details below to help you understand the need for COVID-19 testing, clinical requirements for testing, and what you can do to get started!
COVID-19 Testing FAQs:
Q. What is a Rapid COVID-19 Test?
A. A Rapid PCR COVID-19 test is a nasal swab used to detect an active strain of the COVID-19 virus. Patients that are experiencing symptoms or have been in contact with an infected patient should get tested as soon as they can.
Q. How does Rapid COVID Testing work?
A. A test works by swabbing the inside of a patient’s nose, and detecting whether or not they have an active case of the virus. Your test is then sent to and analyzed in our lab. Rapid test results are returned to a patient on the same day as their visit.
Q. What should I do if I have a positive result?
A. You should stay home and avoid contact with others. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the quarantine process and get enough rest. Monitor your symptoms to make sure you are getting better and stay in touch with your doctor. Quarantine at home for approximately 2 weeks or a little longer.
Q. What should I do if I have a negative test?
A. Receiving a negative tests means your body did not show active signs of the virus at the time. If you start experiencing symptoms, get tested again. If not, continue following governmental guidelines, wash your hands frequently, maintain a distance of 6 feet between others, and wear a mask when in public.
Q. Is rapid testing covered by insurance?
A. Insurance coverage can vary for rapid COVID-19 testing prices. Some patients may have to pay out of pocket while others have coverage or have a special waiver/exemption for testing costs. Please refer to our list of current, accepted insurance plans and determine whether your policy covers rapid tests.
Q. Are there other types of testing available?
A. AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock also offers COVID standard PCR testing for patients who are not experiencing symptoms, and do not have an active case of the virus. A standard test is also a more cost-friendly test that takes 3-5 days for results.
Q. Where can I get a rapid COVID test near Castle Rock, CO?
A. AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock offers rapid COVID-19 testing for all patients near Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Centennial, and Parker, CO. Please call AFC Urgent Care Caste Rock for more information.
What is COVID-19 Testing?
COVID-19 testing helps providers and lab technicians determine if a patient is infected with the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The virus has led to significant economic stagnation as state and local governments are doing everything to contain the virus’s spread. COVID-19 is likely to significantly impact older and more vulnerable patients, while also overloading our current healthcare system with an excessive number of patients. Here is what each patient should know about COVID-19 Testing:
Important: AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock provides COVID-19 Testing for patients that visit our clinic, but it is important to understand key risk factors for testing. These include:
- If a patient has direct exposure to COVID-19 and has met COVID-19 exposure criteria, then they should be tested by the state department.
- The testing criteria for COVID-19 includes the following:
- Travel to another country in the last 30 days
- If you had direct contact with another patient with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- If a patient has been exposed to COVID-19 and is shown to be symptomatic
What should I do before getting COVID-19 testing?
The provider team at AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock is ready to provide patients with COVID-19 testing as soon as they qualify for it. However, patients can save a lot of time by reviewing crucial information they will likely need before getting tested for the coronavirus:
- Consult your health plan provider with testing coverage as many of our accepted insurances cover testing.
- Patients that meet criteria for COVID-19 testing need to contact our urgent care center directly so that our providers can set up triage and car side assistance. Patients will need a vehicle before getting tested.
- Test results may take a while to process due to extremely high demand. While you are waiting for a test, please continue to follow COVID-19 prevention procedures such as self-quarantine and social distancing.
COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Public health officials want to make it clear to patients that routine hygiene and general disease prevention are crucial to lowering your risk of getting infected by COVID-19. In fact, Colorado’s Public Health Department outlined the key prevention methods. Here are a few more specific prevention strategies for patients:
“As with other respiratory viruses, we recommend people protect themselves and others by practicing everyday actions:
- Clean hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get an annual flu vaccine if you have not had one.”
If patients have any other questions about coronavirus prevention, then please call a local healthcare provider to learn the facts about coronavirus and disease safety!