COVID-19 Testing Now Available at AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock!
Call Ahead For Testing
5700 New Abbey Ln
Castle Rock, CO 80108
Call ahead for a COVID-19 testing appointment
AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock is providing COVID-19 in order to ensure that patients that are at risks for COVID-19 are able to get an effective and efficient diagnosis. Since COVID-19 is the most pressing global and national healthcare crisis in 2020, we want to do our part to ensure all patients can access testing.
It is important to understand that patients MUST call AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock at 303.660.9700 in order to get a COVID-19 testing appointment. Patients will be screened by our providers and given next steps for testing.
If you have any further questions about COVID-19 testing, policies, or procedures, please contact our team directly at 303.660.9700. We’ve provided additional details below to help you understand the need for COVID-19 testing, clinical requirements for testing, and what you can do to get started!
What is COVID-19 Testing?
COVID-19 testing helps providers and lab technicians determine if a patient is infected with the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The virus has led to significant economic stagnation as state and local governments are doing everything to contain the virus’s spread. COVID-19 is likely to significantly impact older and more vulnerable patients, while also overloading our current healthcare system with an excessive number of patients. Here is what each patient should know about COVID-19 Testing:
Important: AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock provides COVID-19 Testing for patients that meet the following requirements. However, we can rule out seasonal illness with testing if you don’t meet key COVID-19 testing criteria.
- If a patient has direct exposure to COVID-19 and has met COVID-19 exposure criteria, then they should be tested by the state department.
- The testing criteria for COVID-19 includes the following:
- Travel to another country in the last 30 days
- If you had direct contact with another patient with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- If a patient has been exposed to COVID-19 and is shown to be symptomatic
What should I do before getting COVID-19 testing?
The provider team at AFC Urgent Care Castle Rock is ready to provide patients with COVID-19 testing as soon as they qualify for it. However, patients can save a lot of time by reviewing crucial information they will likely need before getting tested for the coronavirus:
- Consult your health plan provider with testing coverage as many of our accepted insurances cover testing.
- Patients that meet criteria for COVID-19 testing need to contact our urgent care center directly so that our providers can set up triage and car side assistance. Patients will need a vehicle before getting tested.
- Test results may take a while to process due to extremely high demand. While you are waiting for a test, please continue to follow COVID-19 prevention procedures such as self-quarantine and social distancing.
COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Public health officials want to make it clear to patients that routine hygiene and general disease prevention are crucial to lowering your risk of getting infected by COVID-19. In fact, Colorado’s Public Health Department outlined the key prevention methods. Here are a few more specific prevention strategies for patients:
“As with other respiratory viruses, we recommend people protect themselves and others by practicing everyday actions:
- Clean hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get an annual flu vaccine if you have not had one.”
If patients have any other questions about coronavirus prevention, then please call a local healthcare provider to learn the facts about coronavirus and disease safety!